We are delighted that we are able to re-open Apple Trees on 8th March 2021 with all regular sessions available!
The safety of our children, their families and our staff is of paramount importance to us and we are working hard to make sure we continue to provide as safe a before and after school environment as we can and are working closely with Curry Rivel Primary School to make sure we have safe and effective procedures in place for handing over the children, and we will continue to review our practices.
In light of the current situation, there will be a number of changes to the way Apple Trees operate in the foreseeable future:
- The number of children at each session will be limited to 15 children on a first-come-first-served basis by emailing us at bookings[at]appletreesclub.co.uk
- Parents are asked not to enter the Old School Room, but to knock and retreat off the entrance slope, waiting in the lane (signing their children in or out from the lane) for children to be collected from them in the morning or delivered to them in the afternoons from the main entrance door.
- We ask that everyone cleans their hands with hand sanitiser before entering the Old School Room. We will continue to expect children to wash their hands regularly during the session, especially before and after eating, using the toilets, sneezing or coughing.
- Session 2 will close at 5.30pm to allow for extra cleaning of premises and equipment.
- We ask that no personal toys or games are brought to Apple Trees, including pens, notebooks or books.
- Our self-service breakfast and snack table will not be available, instead a member of Apple Trees staff will prepare and serve the food and drinks – breakfast will be served between 8.00am – 8.15am and afternoon snack will be served between 4.15pm – 4.30pm. We will not be able to heat up any other food provided from home for the foreseeable future.
- We are not able to use the school back playground after school, and so we will walk back to The Old School Room via the local lanes and fields to allow the children some fresh air and exercise after school. This means that collection of your children from the Old School Room will be possible from 4.00pm at the earliest, unless by prior arrangement.
- We will encourage, where possible, social distancing between class groups by having class zones, however, children from all groups will need to share toilet facilities.
- Please remember do not send your child to Apple Trees if they are showing any of the recognised symptoms of coronavirus. If a child shows any symptoms during a session we will isolate them and expect them to be collected promptly by a parent/carer (please see our policy for more details). Full payment will be expected in such circumstances.
- Should a case of coronavirus be confirmed for a child or member of staff who has been at Apple Trees, we may be required by Public Health England to close temporarily, similarly if we have staff shortages due to staff being required to isolate, we may also be forced to close at short notice. Unfortunately an alternative service is not available in such circumstances. Under such circumstances a credit note will be applied to the sessions lost through forced closure. No refunds can be issued.